What does kindness mean to you? At Autism Speaks, we believe in kindness of all shapes and sizes. An understanding nod, a big gesture or a simple display of compassion. No matter what it looks like, kindness can make a meaningful impact for the 1 in 54 children and 1 in 45 adults in the U.S. on the autism spectrum.
That’s why this World Autism Month, we’re lighting up the world with kindness! Join our kindness commitment and then take action - in your own way - to increase global understanding and acceptance of people with autism.
Once you commit, there are so many ways to make a difference:
- Connect with kindness by sharing resources and stories on social media to increase global understanding and acceptance.
- Lead with kindness by advocating to help advance policies that positively impact the autism community or starting a kindness campaign at work.
- Learn with kindness in the classroom with daily kind acts and fundraising activities.
- Care with kindness by accessing and sharing resources, including our Autism Response Team who provide real-time support, guidance and reliable information and services.
- Give with kindness through a donation, purchase in our e-store, or support of our corporate partners.
We’re committed to our vision of a world where all people with autism - of all ages and levels of support needed - can reach their full potential, but we can’t achieve this vision without you. Thank you for being a part of this important work.
With kindness and gratitude,
President & CEO